ERIKS: Our ATEX capabilities are expanding
25 May 2016
Our Aberdeen workshop has recently been awarded ATEX accreditation in Repair and Overhaul which enables the branch recently to carry out EX work in our Aberdeen facility for rotating equipment and associated enclosures. The accreditation is another mark of excellence for ERIKS, with Aberdeen joining the ranks of our Newcastle and Chesterfield branches.
ATEX legislation covers two particular areas, manufacturers of equipment for use in explosive atmospheres and employees who work within those environments. Explosive atmospheres’ are classified by IEC 60079-10-1 and IEC 60079-10-2 standards as a “mixture with air, under atmospheric conditions, of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapours, dust, fibres, or flying’s which, after ignition, permits self-sustaining propagation.”
To work in these conditions or supply equipment that will be used in explosive atmospheres, people are put through rigorous criteria to maintain the high level of expertise and standards that ATEX expects as follows:
* AEMT Training (all guys on training were interviewed by auditor prior to license being awarded)
* EX Work Area ( all ex work only to be carried out in this area)
* Stock for ex (to avoid cross contamination)
* Adhere to all ex directives as set out in license
* Yearly audits to include interviews of workforce, inspection of ex work area and also 3rd party witness checks on work carried out in ex area by workforce
Chris Hudson, ERIKS Aberdeen, said “After a huge effort by the staff here in Aberdeen this license gives us a benchmark in Quality that shows our existing & new customers that we have the capability & expertise to service and maintain all there ex rotating equipment”
The official accreditation enables us to strengthen our project portfolio, particularly those in the Offshore Industry in which we already undertake a number of projects for. For any queries please contact the ERIKS Aberdeen Branch on 01224 289400.
Contact Details and Archive...