Reduce Risk from Late Design Changes
31 May 2016
Late design changes are part of reality. But the headaches they bring to the project don’t have to be. DeltaV SIS™ Electronic Marshalling with CHARMs technology will help keep you on schedule and will help maintain safety lifecycle management.
DeltaV SIS™ system gives you the flexibility to make changes without missing your deadline. All while placing safety as the top priority. Electronic Marshalling with CHARMs technology separates the safety loop installation from logic configuration – so project changes mean no scheduling risks or engineering headaches. Also, it reduces the amount of resources required to complete your SIS project.
· Start hardware design earlier in the project — before HAZOP or SRS completion.
· Move I/O into field enclosures closer to field instruments.
· Save configuration time and reduce time required for changes by independently characterizing different I/O types and configuring each Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) using certified easy-to-use Function Blocks in safety controllers.
· Eliminate the non value-add engineering tasks needed to meet compliance every time you make a design change.
The DeltaV SIS process safety system has a uniquely scalable modular architecture that is based on the CHARMs Smart Logic Solver (CSLS) and the unprecedented flexibility and ease of use of the Emerson Electronic Marshalling solution. Each CSLS provides I/O processing, SIL 3-capable logic solving, and diagnostics in a single logic solver.
The CSLS supports up to 96 individually configurable channels, allowing flexibility for implementing safety instrumented functions and is designed specifically for multi-core home run cables or field junction box installation. All communications are completely redundant from the channel (LS CHARM) to the CSLS. Integrated HART® I/O brings field diagnostics into the CSLS.
· Optimised process reliability.
· Simplified safety lifecycle management.
· Flexibility to meet project needs.
· I/O anywhere you need it.
· Reduced installed cost of system.
· Field mounted capable hardware.
Learn more at: http://www2.emersonprocess.com/siteadmincenter/PM%20DeltaV%20Documents/DeltaV%20SIS/SIS%20Product%20Data%20Sheets/PDS_DeltaV_SIS_CSLS.pdf
Contact Details and Archive...