EEF launches post-Brexit seminars on Health & Safety guidance
22 September 2016
Businesses in the UK are being offered the chance to keep abreast of the latest health and safety issues at a series of half day seminars given by leading experts from EEF, the manufacturers' organisation. They will give senior managers the knowledge to keep their companies compliant with key legislative developments and updates to industry standards and guidance, including the early implications of Brexit.
The briefings also cover key topical issues with a review of recent prosecutions and a ‘hot topic’ which will focus on best practice and the common challenges affecting manufacturing companies.
Health & Safety advice will cover:
• Possible H&S outcomes from BREXIT
• EEF’s contribution to HSE’s new 5 year strategy – ‘Helping Great Britain work well’
• Early feedback on the implementation of the Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations.
• Can COSHH, Lead and DSEAR Regulations be combined?
• Latest European Commission H&S activities + implications for UK
• Governments Work & Health Unit - remit
• Government Green paper on improving support for people with disabilities and long term health conditions
The briefings will also include updates on Climate & Environment which will cover:
• Policy and Legal Updates:
• The implications of BREXIT on energy, environment and climate change policy
• Carbon Legislation Update
• Medium Combustion Plant Directive Update
• REACH and WEEE update
Guidance will also be provide on the latest environmental prosecutions and case law along with information on EEF’s Energy Services & the Rising Cost of Energy.
The courses will take place at a variety of locations across the UK in November and are free to EEF members with access to the Health, Safety & Environment package. The cost otherwise is £80 + vat for EEF members and £100 + vat for non-members. Further information can be found at www.eef.org.uk and bookings can be made at 0845 293 9850 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Details and Archive...