Hazardex 2017 Awards - 1. Contribution to Safety - 1C. OnGrade SiteZone Proximity Warning Alarm System
19 January 2017
OnGrade Full Entry: The SiteZone Proximity Warning System (PWS) is an audible and visual warning system designed to reduce the risk of vehicle-personnel collisions. SiteZone PWS produces a detection zone around a vehicle, machine or a restricted area. When the detection zone is breached by personnel wearing a SiteZone tag, the vehicle operator is alerted to their presence and can take appropriate action.
SiteZone can be used anywhere the proximity of people and vehicles working together is of concern. That includes, for example, construction sites, busy depots, warehouses, trackside construction sites. There is also an additional tier of protection by providing optional warnings for pedestrians.
SiteZone offers variations and add-ons to the basic RFID model, such as:
* A wireless version ‘SiteZone INstant’, that can be fitted instantly when a visiting vehicle enters a site. This is a UK first launched in 2016.
* Cloud based data logging system called ‘OverSite’ to record incident data for analysis.
* ‘BucketZone’ can create a detection zone around specific working equipment – like extendable parts on diggers and loading shovels.
*‘SiteZone Visijax’ outerwear - system now installed in high visibility jackets, to light up when the wearer moves too close to a vehicle.
* It fits to almost any vehicle.
* Allows system options to meet your tailored needs.
* SiteZone Easyfit installed in less than 30 minutes.
* Purchase or hire options to make it accessible to small business or sole traders.
* Complements existing safe systems of work and segregation standards.