Hazardex 2017 Awards - 2. Technological Innovation - 2E. Ion Science Titan benzene specific monitor
20 January 2017
Traditional photoionisation monitors easily detect benzene, but they also identify other less harmful volatile organic compound gases. When Titan takes a sample, the benzene component is chemically filtered using a robust separation technology, which ensures no false-positives are measured with potential cross-contaminating compounds.
The petrochemical industry has been clamouring for a benzene specific monitor for some time.
Like most Ion Science products, the Titan was developed as a result of customer feedback and understanding the changing needs of our target markets.
* Titan is the world’s first truly selective wall-mounted benzene monitor
* Incorporates the well proven Ion Science MiniPID sensor technology and unique patented Fence Electrode technology for unrivalled resistance to humidity and contamination
* Internally regulated heating for stable operation at extreme temperatures
* Unaffected by changes in ambient temperature
* Highly sensitive and capable of detecting benzene levels down to 0.1ppm and up to 20ppm
* Continuously samples and analyses the environment to provide real-time feedback of ambient benzene levels
* Modular in design and easy to service
* Certified ATEX & IECE, UL and CSA standards
How it works
When Titan takes a sample, the benzene component is chemically filtered using a robust separation technology. This ensures no false-positives are measured with potential cross-contaminating compounds in the atmosphere. Titan provides users with an immediate alarm warning system when hazardous levels of benzene are detected.
The instrument provides two relays with configurable levels to integrate into site alarm systems. Flashing lights are used as an alarm signal to give a clear indication when benzene levels present. It stores data and remotely connects to a PC. Continuous, real-time measurement facilitates the analysis of trends and allows activity levels to be accurately identified.
Designed to operate in conditions ranging from -20 ºC up to +60 ºC, Titan incorporates two temperature regulation systems to ensure critical components perform optimally.
Working parts can be easily removed and serviced, or replaced by another ‘plug and play’ service module. It also provides removal of particulate contamination in the air stream to provide long-term service free sampling.