Woodcock & Wilson first fan manufacturer to obtain IECEx certification for industrial fan range
20 September 2017
In 2016, the IECEx standards for non-electrical equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres was introduced. This provides a worldwide certification scheme to ensure that equipment complies with recognised standards of design, manufacture and testing.
Building on its experience as a market leader in the supply of ATEX fans, which have carried independent certification by SIRA, a UK notified body, Woodcock & Wilson can now offer fully certified fan assemblies complying with ATEX or IECEx or indeed both.
To clarify: The fan in its entirety is certified to IECEx and not just component parts
Unlike ATEX certified mechanical equipment, which does not necessarily have to meet any recognised standards, the IECEx scheme ensures “Full compliance to IEC International Standards is mandatory and an IECEx Certificate confirms compliance with a specified IEC Standard(s)” (ref IECEx publication IECEx 01A Edition 2.0 2014-04).
IECEx scheme does not allow self-certification regardless of intended zone of usage of equipment. An IECEx “Certificate of Conformity” is issued by an IECEx approved Certification body and is made publicly available (at the IECEx Website).
How does this effect you?
Woodcock and Wilson IECEx certified fans gives you the confidence your equipment has been assessed, by an IECEx approved body to be safe and manufactured to current international standards using a certified quality management scheme.
Did you know?
If you purchase self-certified ATEX equipment you are under a duty of care to ensure the equipment is safe? Is your organisation in a position to do this? The IECEx scheme helps to remove any doubt. Independently certified equipment manufactured using current best practice in accordance with internationally recognised standards.
Key features of IECEx:-
• Worldwide recognition with UN endorsement.
• The United Nations, via UNECE, has endorsed IECEx as the internationally recognised certification system for promoting the safety of equipment, services and personnel associated with devices, systems and installations used in explosive areas.
• Instant verification. Possibility to verify all issued IECEx Certificates instantly on www.iecex.com or on the IECEx app for tablets and smart phones (iOS and Android).
• IECEx certification helps build confidence in the safety of Ex equipment.
• IECEx provides increased security and safety in all types of Ex areas through IECEx-certified equipment.
• IECEx provided Improved Safety confidence that the equipment is manufactured in compliance with IEC international standards.
• IECEx reduces the cost for additional testing.
Taking Fan Safety Global. Woodcock & Wilson are now able to offer independently dual certified IECEx & ATEX equipment. Providing worldwide hazardous area protection to all industries. Don’t risk your employee and plant safety – talk to the experts.
Tel: +44(0)1484 462 777
Contact Details and Archive...