University of Leeds Gas, Vapour and Dust Explosion Hazards course
26 February 2018
Gas, vapour and dust Explosion Hazards, protection, mitigation and prediction. CPD short course, University of Leeds - Monday 12 – Friday 16 March 2018. 15% discount for IFE Members
About the Explosion Hazards course
Visit the course website to book and for further details
This course aims to review recent experimental and theoretical research, with particular emphasis on information relating to the explosion development in obstacle-congested volumes and process vessels on confined and partially confined configurations.
The course will be delivered by a team of practitioners and academics, all experts in their particular fields of contribution. Presentations will concentrate, where appropriate, on the implications and practical application with example calculations of the research findings (so please bring a calculator). Detailed course materials will provide comprehensive coverage of research methodologies and results.
Course Directors: Professor Gordon Andrews and Dr Roth Phylaktou, School of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Leeds
The course will cover:
• Fire, flammability and explosions
• Characterisation of gas and dust explosions vent and suppression protection design
• Vapour cloud explosions
• Blast prediction and blast response
• Explosion assessment: capability, validation, limitations and application of CFD
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for you if you’re an engineer or scientist involved in both the offshore sector and the onshore chemical process and nuclear industries. More specifically, the course will be of benefit if you’re an experienced or newly appointed:
• explosion safety consultant or engineer
• research and development scientist or engineer
• loss prevention and facilities manager
• risk and insurance assessor
• civil engineer or process plant designer
• explosion protection systems manufacturer or designer.
Where can I find further details?
Full details including the course leaflet, programme and online booking facility can be found on the:
Explosion Hazards course website.
T: + 44 (0)113 343 2494 (Jenna Kellett)