Introducing the Ex-Mo Hazardous Area Motion Sensor
07 December 2018
Welcome to the ground-breaking Ex-Mo, it is a microwave motion sensor using the “Doppler Shift” principal that has been designed and certified to operate within Hazardous Area and other Harsh environments. Ex-Mo offers ATEX and IECEx Certification, IP66 sealing and is suitable for both Zone 1 and Zone 21 Gas and/or Dust areas.
Sensing movement by microwave, Ex-Mo will switch on the lights for a period of time while the area is occupied. Lighting is only switched on when people are present and switched off when they are not, therefore saving electricity by reducing your energy bills and thus reducing your Carbon Footprint.
Roof or wall mounted with the optional adjustable bracket, several Ex-Mo units can be paralleled to detect movement over a large area whilst controlling the same lighting circuit. Alternatively, several lights can be switched via one Ex-Mo sensor up to a maximum current of 10A. Ex-Mo can be configured to operate an external relay or contactor if the total current exceeds 10A or to supply a signal to an energy management system.
Ex-Mo may also be used to for movement detection in remote working areas or remote sites. Alerting a control centre when detecting people, vehicles and other moving objects.
Features + Benefits
· Multiple Sensor/Multiple light configurations are possible allowing coverage of a large area or several access points
· Ambient lux level sensor allows the user to control the light level at which the Ex-Mo becomes operational
· Adjustable switch on time from 5 to 60 minutes
· Fully adjustable sensitivity and detection range
· ATEX/IECEx Certified remote control programmer for configuring the Ex-Mo that is fully ATEX/IECEx certified and can be used in the Hazardous Area
· Optional Ex-Mo adjustable Mounting Bracket to ensure safe fitting and multi directional positioning
· 230Vac or 24Vdc operation
· Robust design and available in two materials, yellow (RAL1003) painted Aluminium and 316L Stainless Steel (natural finish) to suit your environment.
· Recognising that all applications for this device are different, Ex-Mo can be obtained on a “Try Before You Buy” basis allowing the Ex-Mo to be trialled in a real-world situation to ensure it performs as required (T’s + C’s apply)
· The Ex-Mo unit has a coverage pattern of approximately 72° horizontally and approximately 36° vertically. This represents the angular coverage where 70% of the unit sensitivity is maintained. In practice the Ex-Mo unit will detect 90° so that a single unit placed in the corner of a rectangle room will give complete coverage along the walls
· The high frequency Doppler radar operates best when a target is approaching or moving away from it and can be detected from a distance of approximately 20 meters away and a height of approximately 3-4 metres
· Dimensions - 145mm x 132mm x129mm
· Weight - Stainless Steel 2.5kg – Aluminium 1.5kg
· Equipment rating – IP66
Contact Details and Archive...