New Advanced Intrinsic Safety Training Workshop
17 January 2019
ExVeritas has launched a new 3-day workshop-based training course for ‘advanced design techniques with intrinsic safety’. This course follows on from the highly successful introduction to intrinsically safe design course that has been attended by delegates from over 15 countries.
The classes are based on multiple ‘hands on’ exercises with full worked solutions and assumes that delegates already have a good working knowledge of intrinsic safety (for example from our ‘introduction to intrinsic safety circuit design course) and want to move to a more advanced level and master more difficult techniques associated with high power circuits, non linier circuits and RF based circuits.
The core syllabus covered includes:
• Determination and assessment of linear & non-linear output parameters (including transients).
• Domain analysis to increase efficiency whilst also meeting intrinsic safety requirements.
• Rating of components such as resistors, fuses, diodes in a Zener barrier (and infallibility).
• Implementation techniques for Antennas, DC-DC converters, and semiconductors current limiters.
• Identifying areas where infallible connections can be used and improve efficiency.
• Methods for temperature classification of encapsulated areas, troubleshooting non-conformances, and implementing heatsinks.
• Temperature classification of batteries.
• Surface temperature of intrinsically safe circuits for combustible dust.
• Understanding separation distances requirements and enclosures requirements.
The course will be held on the 6th – 9th March and the 11th - 13th September 2019 and cost £2800 +VAT per person, includes notes, software, lunch & refreshments.
All delegates will also receive our intrinsic safety training course will receive a free licence for ExVeritas unique on- line intrinsic safety assessment tool.
Courses will also be scheduled in Dallas (USA) and Denmark, please contact us for dates.
Full details here: https://www.exveritas.com/advanced-intrinsic-safety-circuit-design/
Need a refresher or to brush up on the basics?
Immediately before the advanced course we offer a 2 day ‘Introduction to Intrinsic Safety For Product Designers’ course full details here: https://www.exveritas.com/service/atex-training/intrinsic-safety/
We offer a 10% discount on the cost when both courses are booked as a 5-day course as a complete course on intrinsic safety from start to finish!
Contact Details and Archive...