Fluidwell launches the E115 Explosion-Proof bi-directional flow rate indicator/totalizer
09 May 2019
Fluidwell introduces a new member to the E-Series family, the E115 explosion-proof bi-directional flow rate indicator/totalizer which detects the flow direction with quadrature signal inputs. Such applications can be found by loading and unloading of ships where one bi-directional flowmeter is used. Another application is the correction of back-flow due to shocks in a pipeline caused by piston pumps or valve behavior.
The E115 saves time, money and hassle; is designed to withstand the toughest conditions and is simple to use. Daily operations and plant operations for running work permit procedures are no longer interrupted and even (partial) plant shutdowns can be avoided as the covers do not need to be opened. Operating and setting the display functionalities is fast, safe and easy thanks to the through-glass keypad. This unequalled bi-directional flow rate indicator / totalizer delivers user-friendliness in the toughest conditions.
Above and beyond requirements
The robust stainless steel 316L E-Series housing is designed to guarantee safety. It takes the E115 bi-directional flow rate indicator / totalizer beyond the legislative requirements for hazardous areas. In the harshest conditions of punishing weather, desert and maritime climates and extreme temperature fluctuations, the durable E-Series consistently delivers accurate measurements. A solid die cast aluminum housing with the same ingress protection rating is available for cost-effective applications.
The E115 is extremely practical in use. The through-glass keypad enables you a safe and effortless operation of all functionalities without having to open the cover. The menu, display and navigation structure are designed according to the Fluidwell “know one, know them all” principle, which enhances easy and intuitive control of various Fluidwell totalizers, flow computers and other displays.
* Saves time and improves flexibility with the through-glass keypad: no need to open the front cover
* Familiar easy operation with the Fluidwell "Know one, know them all" configuration structure, saving time, cost and aggravation.
* Easy installation in spacious chamber and plug & play connectors.
* Reduces costs with the easy to install 1” NPT thread for direct flow meter mounting.
* Durable high-grade stainless steel 316L Ex d enclosure withstanding extreme (maritime) conditions.
* Key information at a glance: forward/reverse flow rate, forward & reverse total and accumulated total count up and count down ref. flow direction, measuring units and a flow rate indicating speedometer.
Hazardous area information
The E-Series are ATEX, IECEx, FM and CSA C-US certified for an ambient temperature range of -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F).
The ATEX markings are:
* Gas: II 2 G Ex d IIC T6 Gb
* Dust: II 2 D Ex tb IIIC T85°C Db
The IECEx markings are:
* Gas: Ex d IIC T6 Gb
* Dust: Ex tb IIIC T85°C Db
The FM and CSA C-US markings are:
* XP (Explosion-proof): Class I, Division 1, Grps A, B, C, D.
* DIP (Dust-Ignition-proof): Class II/III, Division 1, Groups E, F and G.
* Gas: Class I, Zone 1, AEx d IIc T6 Gb.
* Dust: Zone 21, AEx tb IIIC T85°C Db.
Fluidwell’s mission is to be the premier supplier for display and calculating solutions wherever process variables need to be measured, converted, monitored or otherwise processed. We develop, produce and sell reliable and safe signal processing equipment. We work in close cooperation with our customers and support them in finding the right product for their applications. Your success counts!
For any specific customer request, there is a Fluidwell product available or one can be developed. This provides our customers with the best equipment to suit their needs and requirements, with a familiar and intuitive user-friendly interface. Know one, know them all!
Further information: www.fluidwell.com.
Contact Details and Archive...