"Ex tb" control panels suitable for explosive or flammable dusts
20 May 2019
Awareness of the new prevention needs and the constant and continuous technical evolution has led Cortem to closely analyse problems related to the use of electrical and electronic equipment in environments with the presence of dusts during handling and storage. New 'Ex tb' control panels are now available that can house non-Ex certified equipment inside.
Originally, the problem of explosions generated by dust and powder was not much of an issue. When, finally, the true danger was recognised, there was acceptance that an explosion could be generated by the presence of dust even without the presence of flammable gases.
Considering that dust explosions are not very frequent, but if they occur, the consequences are very dangerous, it is necessary to calculate the correlated risk: R = P x C.
The peculiarity of 'Ex tb' control panels consists in the fact that, inside them, it is not necessary to install equipment with an Ex component certificate, but industrial equipment is enough. Outside, only equipment complying with the relevant Ex regulations can be installed.
Cortem Group panels are designed in compliance with the reference standards 60079-31, 60079-32-1 and 60079-32-2 with the following features:
- *'Ex tb IIIC T80°C Db' IP66 method of protection
- *made in aluminium, polyester or stainless steel
- *various sizes available
- *there are three maximum dissipation limits that correspond to each of the three maximum optional ambient temperatures: + 40° C, + 55° C and + 60° C.
- *several IECEx/ATEX certified 'Ex tb' control devices can be mounted on the enclosure faces
- *a glass or polycarbonate window can be fixed to the lid
- *various electronic devices can be installed internally such as terminals, analog and digital instruments, control and measurement devices, circuit breakers and IECEx/ATEX certified battery packs.
Contact Details and Archive...