'Advanced Intrinsic Safety Circuit Design' training workshop, 11th-13th September 2019
19 August 2019
ExVeritas is offering a 3-day workshop-based training course for advanced design techniques with intrinsic safety.
The classes are based on multiple 'hands-on' exercises with full worked solutions and assumes that delegates already have a good working knowledge of intrinsic safety (for example from our 'introduction to intrinsic safety circuit design course') and want to move to a more advanced level and master more difficult techniques associated with high power circuits, nonlinear circuits and RF based circuits.
This course follows on from the highly successful 'Introduction to intrinsically safe design' course that has been attended by delegates from over 15 countries.
The core syllabus covered includes:
• Determination and assessment of linear & non-linear output parameters (including transients).
• Domain analysis to increase efficiency whilst also meeting intrinsic safety requirements.
• Rating of components such as resistors, fuses, diodes in a Zener barrier (and infallibility).
• Implementation techniques for Antennas, DC-DC converters, and semiconductors current limiters.
• Identifying areas where infallible connections can be used and improve efficiency.
• Methods for temperature classification of encapsulated areas, troubleshooting non-conformances, and implementing heatsinks.
• Temperature classification of batteries.
• Surface temperature of intrinsically safe circuits for combustible dust.
• Understanding separation distances requirements and enclosures requirements.
The course will be held on September 11-13 and cost £2800 +VAT per person, and includes notes, software, lunch & refreshments. Discounts are available for ExVeritas Certification Customers.
All delegates will also receive a free licence for ExVeritas' unique online intrinsic safety assessment tool.
Full details here: https://www.exveritas.com/advanced-intrinsic-safety-circuit-design/
Need a refresher or to brush up on the basics?
Immediately before the advanced course we offer a 2 day 'Introduction to Intrinsic Safety For Product Designers' course. Full details here: https://www.exveritas.com/service/atex-training/intrinsic-safety/
We offer a 10% discount on the cost when both courses are booked as a 5-day, complete course on intrinsic safety!
Contact Details and Archive...