Upgraded personal protection
27 October 2011
Honeywell has launched a number of new and upgraded products in key personal protective equipment (PPE) categories, such as hearing protection, eye and face, clothing and gloves, and gas detection.
Aeris Airline Plus
The solutions were unveiled at the recent A+A International show where Honeywell is represented by its Safety Products and Gas Detection groups; both part of the Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions' Life Safety business.
"Too many companies have seen workplace incidents damage employee morale, productivity, reputation, and ultimately, the bottom line and the company's ability to remain competitive," said Mark Levy, President and CEO, Honeywell Life Safety. "At Honeywell, we work closely with end users to address each and every exposure to risk they encounter, along with their need for efficiency and reliability. The introductions we're making at A+A extend our portfolio and significantly strengthen Honeywell's overall proposition in the life safety solutions industry. More importantly, they will help our customers to solve their safety challenges and improve workplace safety."
The new products unveiled by Honeywell include:
Portable gas detection solutions
· GasAlertMicroClip XT - A solution with a small, lightweight design, offering simultaneous detection of up to four gases. The device also includes IntelliFlash technology, delivering visual confirmation of unit compliance to site standards.
· GasAlertMicro5 IR - Featuring simultaneous monitoring and the display of up to five gas hazards including Volatile Organic Compound (VOCs). The unit has a highly flexible configuration.
· MicroDockII - Offering quick and highly cost effective automatic, one button operation bump testing of the full range of BW Technologies by Honeywell's GasAlert range of portable gas detectors. Fleet Manager II software enables the easy generation of reports and calibration certificates, helping to simplify fleet management activities.
· Sensepoint XCD - Enables the detection of flammable, toxic and Oxygen gas hazards with tri-colour visual status indications that can easily be seen - even from a distance.
· Searchpoint Optima Plus (HART-enabled) - Leading edge fixed point IR detection with enhanced communications capabilities delivered by HART.
· XNX Universal Transmitter - A highly flexible device offering an interface to all Honeywell Analytics gas sensing technologies, helping to reduce ongoing costs and training requirements.
Personal protection solutions (offered by Honeywell Safety Products)
A+A saw the debut of a number of new products under the Honeywell, Miller by Honeywell, KCL by Honeywell and Timberland PRO brand names. These include:
· Clothing - Honeywell's updated technical work wear line, which ranges from welding aprons to parkas for fire fighters, has been updated in response to changes in user requirements. Products in the range variously adhere to new safety standards, incorporate new materials, and offer higher levels of on-the-job protection.
· Eye and face - Research shows that different sized facial features demand customised adjustability. Setting out with a new approach to safety eyewear, Honeywell created a product that will fit everyone. Honeywell Adaptec eyewear can be worn by the widest range of workers and still deliver protection, comfort, customised adjustability, and premium optics.
· Fall protection - Söll ShockFusion Horizontal Lifeline Roof System from Miller is a versatile, surface-mounted lifeline system designed to accommodate most industrial and light-weight commercial roof designs including standing seam, membrane, built-up, metal sheathing, concrete and wood. The system provides improved worker safety as a result of reduced lifeline deflection; enables easier rescue should a fall occur; minimises the risk of a fall for additional workers; and allows for installation when less fall clearance space is available. The system will be available in December.
· Footwear -The six-model Bacou Outdoor range features Freedom'4 Move outsoles, providing stability on irregular and uneven ground. The construction of the uppers and the use of waterproof-breathable Sympatex membrane ensures the footwear is watertight in both cold and damp environments.
· Gloves - The KCL TevuChem Antistatik 764 uniquely combines chemical protection, grip and anti-statics, marking a key advance in glove safety.
· Hearing protection - Honeywell's QUIETPRO QP100Ex is the only intelligent hearing protection and communication system that provides smart personal hearing protection, verifiable personal noise exposure measurement and the clearest communication throughout a full range of work environments. This product will be available soon.
· Timberland PRO shoes, apparel and protective gloves for professionals - A+A saw the debut of the Timberland PRO Winter 2011 collection. Highlights include the Timberland PRO 614 worker pants for craftsmen, featuring a highly functional cut and nine practical pockets; the Timberland PRO 109 padded waistcoat, the first of its kind in the Timberland PRO collection, which is warm, water-proof and breathable; and highly technical safety shoes, such as the Snyders Black, 100% flexible and resistant or the PRO Hampton workboots, featuring exclusive Shock-Guard and anti-fatigue technologies.
· Professional Self-Service (PSS) - At A+A, Honeywell unveiled its new PSS offering that will benefit craftsmen buying from builder merchants. PSS is a concept that integrates well-designed retail display, clearly laid-out product choice guides as well as refined product packaging for PPE products that have been carefully selected from the Honeywell head-to-toe range. This attractive offer will help make end-users efficient and autonomous when faced with their PPE purchase, hence increasing their willingness to protect themselves.
· Respiratory - Developed in partnership with users, the Honeywell 5000 series of single-use, moulded masks offer enhanced protection and comfort.
Contact Details and Archive...