Death toll rises to 25 in China chemical plant blast
05 March 2012
On March 4, Xinhua said the death toll from the explosion at a chemical plant in Hebei, northern China, has risen to 25, with four missing and 46 others injured. Zhaoxian officials said rescue work and body recovery had been suspended due to the risk of further explosions, but would resume when the all-clear was given.
The death toll at the Hebei plant has now risen to 25
About 100 people were working at the Hebei Zhaoxian Keeper Chemical Co. plant in Hebei province’s Zhaoxian county on February 29 when the explosion happened. The blast occurred during the production of guanidine nitrate, a high-energy fuel and propellant.
Keeper Chemical Industries started production in March 2010. It has a yearly output of more than 10,000 tons of chemicals: medical products, pesticides and military explosives, according to the publicity bureau of Zhaoxian county.
Contact Details and Archive...