BP confirms withdrawal of 60 staff from Egypt
09 July 2013
On July 8, BP confirmed it had withdrawn approximately 60 of its staff from Egypt due to the unrest in the country following last week's military takeover. "Something like 60 people came out on Friday, just as a precaution," a BP spokesman told Rigzone. "Everyone is safe and well. All our local staff are safe and well, and there's been no impact on production."
Around 40 essential expatriate staff remain and that the company's office in Cairo is open. BP said it remains "fully committed" to Egypt and intends to return its staff as soon as possible.
Last weekend saw an outbreak of violence in Cairo when supporters of ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi clashed with the army and police. The health ministry said at least 51 people were killed and 435 people wounded.
Contact Details and Archive...