ABB hosts series of on-stand technical talks at Offshore Europe
27 August 2013
ABB is hosting a series of short talks covering safety, reliability and efficiency issues affecting the oil and gas sector, on stand 3D 160 at this year’s Offshore Europe show. Additionally, interactive demonstrations will sit alongside several new product launches.
Daily technical talks will target operations, technical engineers and management within oil and gas operating companies and EPCs. The talks will be delivered by ABB experts working within the oil and gas industry, including developers, engineers and project managers. The experts will be available to answer questions, listen to suggestions and debate insights.
Talks include ways to ensure the effectiveness of trips and alarms; why functional safety is important, including key points in setting and achieving SIL; platform life extension, equipment reliability and programmes for aging assets; and the role of remote operations in helping reduce costs and improve operational efficiency.
Visitors can witness how today’s control room helps oil and gas companies achieve benefits through operator effectiveness, enterprise asset optimisation and collaborative production management. An interactive demonstration will explore the benefits of integrating motors, drives, instrumentation and electrical equipment to ABB’s System 800xA distributed control system (DCS). Exciting new technologies such as video integration and the 3D collaboration board are also on display.
Among the products being showcased are:
* An all-compatible variable-speed drive, the ACS880
* Energy harvesting technology that enables remote temperature measurements without the need for a power supply to the transmitter
* Compact, maintenance-free CoriolisMaster meter
* Meter2di dual chamber orifice fitting with double isolation
* Integrated or stand-alone high integrity safety controller
* Extended Automation System 800xA’s Feature Pack 4 for reducing unplanned shutdowns, increased asset utilisation and energy efficiency
* D3 collaboration desk
* ServicePort - a remote enabled, service delivery platform that provides a custom, secure connection to ABB advanced services and experts
* Latest in intelligent switchgear and diagnostics
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people.
Contact Details and Archive...