EEMUA CompEx issues over 40,000 IECEx Certificates of Core Competency
11 September 2013
EEMUA CompEx has passed a new milestone in recent weeks with more than 40,000 CompEx Certificates of Core Competency now issued since the scheme’s inception. The company says this makes it the world’s most important international ‘Ex’ personnel certification scheme recognising core competency for safe working in potentially hazardous flammable or explosive atmospheres.
Since it was introduced in the 1990s, CompEx has grown strongly every year due to the main characteristics of the scheme:
* Formally accredited - CompEx is operated by a Certification Body formally accredited by UKAS, one of the world’s leading accreditation bodies.
* Based on EU ATEX Directives - The CompEx scheme is based on established national and regional legislation and regulation such as the EU-ATEX Directives.
* Based on IECEx Standards - CompEx is based on international IECEx and ISO Standards. Furthermore, the ‘user’ organisations behind CompEx contribute to the maintenance and development of these Standards.
* Unrivalled breadth and depth - The 12 modules of competency validation that are defined within CompEx produce a scheme of unrivalled breadth and depth, allowing certification for a wide range of personnel and situations:
- Electrical, mechanical and multi-skilled craftspeople.
- Professional engineers responsible for the design and installation of applications and systems for hazardous ‘Ex’ areas.
- Managers who oversee the operation of these installations.
- Specially tailored modules for specific sectors: fuel filling stations; the water and wastewater industries; flour mills, coal and other dusty environments.
* International and multi-lingual delivery - CompEx is now delivered via a growing number of licensed Competency Validation centres around the world: from Africa and the Middle-East, to America, Asia, Australasia and Europe. Currently delivered in English and Dutch; other languages planned.
The company also says CompEx is effective because it combines formal learning and knowledge examination with practical assessment to determine overall core competency. The effectiveness of CompEx is also assured by being owned and overseen by user companies who have a vested interest in ensuring safety in the workplace.
CompEx is operated by not-for-profit bodies with a mission to ensure and to improve safety in the workplace.
Contact Details and Archive...