Guide for Hazardous Areas from E2S
18 February 2014
E2S Warning Signals today published a new ‘Guide for Hazardous areas’ which is available as a free download from their website. The guide has been put together with specifiers and hazardous area engineers in mind with matrix tables that enable fast cross-referencing of information between the main certification systems: ATEX, IECEx, North American and Canadian standards.
Protection concepts are listed along with applicable zone, class or division and typical equipment protection level in an easy to read format.
In addition, the guide contains ample reference information related to gas and dust atmospheres and potentially explosive environments, such as:
· Gas and dust groups and typical substances according to the main certification systems
· Maximum surface temperature of equipment, temperature classifications and ignition temperature limits of gas / dust
· Apparatus groups and typical ignition temperatures for common gases, vapours and dust
· Type of protection and basic concepts of protection listed by zone according to ATEX & IECEx and class and division according to US and Canadian standards
· IP ratings and NEMA enclosure types
· Typical equipment markings of hazardous area signalling products from the E2S portfolio
To download the guide for hazardous areas visit www.e2s.com/system/hazardous-area-guide
Contact Details and Archive...