Werma (UK) and Total Protection (UK) Ltd provide “Total Protection” to workforce at South Wales silicon plant.
30 April 2015
Total Protection and Werma are two Northamptonshire businesses focused on providing safety equipment to plant operators worldwide. Werma is the leading designer and manufacturer of optical and audible signal devices, including Atex approved devices for deployment in explosive zone 1, 2 , 21 and 22 applications. Total Protection Ltd delivers specialist safety equipment and training, including portable gas detection and breathing equipment, c
A global leader in silicon-based technology and innovation had a recent incident at another site outside of the UK which forced it to look again at procedures for entering and monitoring analyser houses where oxygen depletion is a possibility.
Existing procedures were carried out using a portable O2 monitor on an individual basis.
Total Protection’s complete wireless solution including traffic lights from WERMA
- * Portable monitors only alert the user to low oxygen when inside the analyser houses
- * Not all operatives were carrying personal monitors
- * Ideally, the site needed to be monitored in three zones individually and at two security offices.
- * Due to the scattered nature of the analyser houses, a hard-wired solution was not feasible.
- * The site was classified as Zone 1, therefore Atex approved equipment would have to be used.
Total Protection was able to provide a solution with the following key features:
* External display, remote sensor
* Wireless transmission of data
* Pre-wired/configured for self install
* Powered via 110v supply preferred
* Some sensors to monitor for H2 as well as O2
* Delivered within 12 week time frame
* Atex-approved traffic light system for access/entry signalisation WERMA Products provide access/entry warning signals
The new compact range of EX-approved LED beacons in the 729/728 series provide extremely bright, long-lasting LED beacons as permanent or flashing lights to signal if it is safe to enter and work inside the analyser houses.
The Total Protection system was able to meet the criteria prescribed by the applications with the use of wireless technology being one of the most significant factors in enabling the complete system to be installed quickly, without costly infrastructure work. About WERMA
Werma Signaltechnik is an international organisation with more than 260 employees in seven ocations. Over 3,500 signal devices are supplied into more than 50 different countries. The family-owned business formed in 1950 is one of the leading manufacturers of signal devices in the world. A renowned technology leader, one of the latest product developments is a wireless MDC system for signal towers.
Contact Details and Archive...