Interview with Simon Sparke, Tullow’s former Head of Wells
18 May 2015
DecomWorld recently interviewed Simon Sparke, Tullow’s former Head of Wells, to understand the approaches and innovation for working with ageing wells.
"Undoubtedly, at the moment operators are making major budget cuts due to the oil price and keeping old and aging assets working in this low oil price environment is exceptionally hard. I have seen this happen several times in my last 30 years and each time, when the recovery occurs there is a shortage of qualified and competent personnel. This will be even worse on the next recovery as a very large number of people are retiring. The problem is further exacerbated with Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) applying much pressure on operators to abandon wells" -says Simon in in the interview.
Drawing from his +30 years in the O&G sector, we asked Simon the following:
* What do you see as the main challenges for overcoming ageing assets in the North Sea?
* What do you see as the solutions to tackling the ageing problem?
* What initiatives are being done to solve these challenges?
* Are there any case studies/projects which have shown innovation in the field?
* What will be the norm in 5 years for dealing with ageing wells?
Click here to get your complimentary interview.
Contact Details and Archive...