Intrinsic Safety Training: 28th - 30th July, North West, UK
07 July 2015
ExVeritas, an ATEX Notified Body, is offering a 3 day course is ideal for Engineers who wish to start designing intrinsically safe equipment or brush up on their knowledge of this complicated subject.
Why use us for intrinsic safety training?
Intrinsic safety training will teach you how to design and document effectively, get certification faster and achieve more 'flexible' certification globally. As an ATEX/IECEx test laboratory and ATEX Certification Body, we can also demonstrate tests and verification methods, a unique feature of this course.
The Presenter The intrinsic safety training is presented by a Chartered Electronics Engineer with 25 years’ experience intrinsic safety. As a practitioner in this field (with design experience), you can be assured that the content is relevant and applied with a practical bias.
Cost: £2200 +VAT per person, includes lunch & refreshments.
• Introduction and Overview of Competence Requirements
• Deriving the required level of safety (area classification, EPL) for i.a, i.b. and i.c.
• Explosion Properties and Terminology required for intrinsic safety
• Review of Ignition Assessment (EN1127) and other concepts and methods commonly used with intrinsic safety (potting and enclosure methods)
• Intrinsically Safe ‘Certification’ and Certification Schemes (ATEX, IECEx, NEC500 & 505)
• Quality Requirements for Intrinsic Safety (QAR, QAN, FUS)
• Intrinsic safety overview. (A complete overview of the entire subject and how it all ‘works together’ before moving on to the detail with ‘i.c.’ specific issues and relaxations)
• Intrinsically Safe Systems Overview (cables, barriers and earthing)
• Power Supply Assessment (Calculations, matched power, batteries including test demonstration)
• Energy storage (assessment of capacitance and inductance, methods of reducing energy or permitting more energy, design methods, tricks and tips used by experts, spark testing)
• Use of safety components (zener shunt, diodes for blocking and inductance control, resistors with capacitance) and safety component rating and de-rating (zeners).
• Separation & Segregation (Creepgage, clearance, tracks, encapsulation, CTI)
• Thermal Assessment (small component rules, thermal calculations, potting, testing)
• Transients assessment, SCR’s and non-linear circuits
• Subject Review
Please contact us to book a place on the Course
Contact Details and Archive...