European Industry Forum (EIF) 2018
Event: European Industry Forum (EIF) 2018
Date: 15 May 2018 to 16 May 2018
Location: Sitges, Spain
Description: Digitalizing & Securing Plants, Equipment and Infrastructure - Smart Solutions for Industry, Logistics & Cities
Meliá Hotel, Sitges (Barcelona), Spain
It's happening fast. Everywhere we turn, devices and processes are becoming more connected and intelligent. Production machines, gas turbines, and thermostats all stream data. Refineries, oil platforms, mines, and wind turbines are optimizing asset and operating performance. Design software links to additive machines to print parts directly. And it's only the beginning.
Challenges continue to grow for the industrial cybersecurity community. Broader deployment of operational technology is expanding the use cases requiring protection. Resource shortages are undermining the effectiveness of established defenses. Blurring boundaries between IT, OT, and IoT are increasing the need for more integrated, collaborative cybersecurity strategies.
• How will disruptive technologies change existing products, processes and plants?
• Can cybersecurity threats be overcome?
• When will machine learning and artificial intelligence transform operations?
• Will open source solutions impact traditional software and automation domains?
• How will a digitally-enhanced workforce stem the loss of tribal knowledge?
• How do connected products create opportunities in aftermarket services?
• What steps can organizations take to foster innovative thinking?
There are countless ways to run your digital transformation, many technologies and suppliers to evaluate, and endless choices to make. Embedded systems, networks, software platforms, augmented reality, and machine learning will play a role as you begin to improve uptime, optimize performance, enhance services, and re-think your business models.
At the European Industry Forum (EIF), end users present case studies that inspire participants to network and ask questions related to their own operations. No presentation can be more inspiring than a peer talking about the practices put in place, what the company learned, what the benefits were, and how the project was implemented.
At previous ARC Forums, Dow Chemical, Intel, Lonmin, Nestlé, Red Bull Technology and Sitech have spoken about their approaches, implementations and experiences.
In addition, the European Forum features dedicated workshops, offering open platforms to learn and discuss trends and developments. Workshops are planned on the following topics:
• Analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Big Data
• Asset Performance Management
• Edge and Fog Computing
• Industrial Cyber Security (ICS)
• Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) in the Context of Smart Manufacturing and Industrie 4.0
• Special Topics for Machine Builders (invitation only)
Organiser: ARC Advisory Group
Web site: http://link.arcweb.com/m/1/79146964/02-b17244-bfba4e0a19fc4a4199fe238ef782b28e/1/738/4548ef51-4d2f-4134-8bc5-7ece2fea0dd7
Return to previous