OTC launch for CMP Products’ latest innovation, the ‘Sentinel’ corrosion shield
28 April 2017
CMP Products, a market-leading specialist in cable glands and cable cleats, has designed and engineered the Sentinel to protect glands in some of the harshest environments on the planet, including freezing temperatures where the Sentinel withstands impact tests at temperatures as low as -76o F (-60oC).
The new shield is fully resistant to corrosive substances such as potash, ammonia, chlorine, hydrogen chloride (sour gas) and salt spray; as well as being resistant to other environmental factors such as UV exposure.
Initially developed for Potash mining applications in Canada, the Sentinel is designed for the TMC2 and TMC2X products, which are used predominantly throughout North and South America.
CMP has been designing, engineering and manufacturing cable glands for more than 60 years and the company is keen to showcase the product from their booth at the exhibition, as Jamie Hughes, Regional Manager explains: “Launching the Sentinel at OTC provides us with the opportunity to showcase our product to as large an audience as possible and directly to the North and South American markets.
Vince Patterson, CEO of CMP Products added: “CMP is constantly bringing solutions to the market that help solve the problems of our customers. In the current economic climate, customers need cost-effective solutions that extend the life of products, so the Sentinel corrosion shield is sure to attract a great deal of attention.”
About the ‘Sentinel’ Corrosion Shield:
· Sentinel provides a cost-effective solution whilst providing superior corrosion resistance
· High quality and extends the life-span of the cable gland
· Hand-tighten assembly and easy to install
· Integrated ‘O’ ring seals provide exceptional barrier to corrosion
· Three-part design allowing for easy inspection
· Made from rigorously-tested low smoke and fume, zero halogen nylon
· Flame retardant to UL94-HB and has a high impact resistance
· The Sentinel also features a robust outer environmental seal, with an Ingress protection rating of IP66, 67 and 68 and NEMA rated to 4X, 6 & 6P
· The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters
· OTC Houston is the largest event in the world for the oil and gas industry featuring more than 2,300 exhibitors, and attendees representing 100 countries
· Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, OTC Asia, and d5
About CMP Products
· Part of the highly-respected British Engines Group since 1957
· Employs over 300 people across 10 offices globally, with products in 6 continents
· Committed to quality, with an on-going Lean Six Sigma (LSS) drive underway to train 220 people in the company on LSS by 2020
· Wide range of industries including mining, oil & gas, rail, pharmaceuticals, construction
· Technical experts in cable gland and cable cleats, CMP maintains its position as one of the market leaders through continuous improvement in investing in research and development (R&D)
· The company has its own in-house laboratory which allows it to test and run trials on site
· CMP is committed to high quality customer service and offer worldwide on-site and off-site training on installation of its products
Contact Details and Archive...