Electrical Applications in Hazardous Area E-Learning Courses
20 August 2008
Learn in depth about engineering in hazardous areas with a comprehensive technical approach. Covering explosion protection of electrical equipment. Includes the principles involved, techniques used, management structures and requirements to comply with the harmonized international standards.read more
This course provides a comprehensive technical approach to hazardous areas. It explains the subject of explosion protection applied to electrical equipment in such areas.
The course, completed in 12 modules over 3 months, offers detailed explanations of the principles involved, the techniques used, the management structures and requirements to comply with the harmonized international standards that are now in place.
Commencing on 15 September 2008
Upon completion of this workshop you will be able to:
• Use correct hazardous areas terminology and definitions
• Explain the responsibilities of hazardous area owners and equipment suppliers
• Explain how apparatus is made safe and suitable for use in hazardous areas
• Provide an understanding of the different types of protection
• Be exposed to simple area classification schemes
• Examine different approaches for selection of types of protection
• Compare techniques used for power and instrumentation applications
• Explain how marking and identification of such apparatus is applied
• Understand the requirements for maintenance of such apparatus
• Understand the requirements for inspection in hazardous area
• Discuss how work permits systems must be adopted for hazardous area working
• Discuss and compare the advantages and disadvantages of different types of protection in given applications
• Compare certification and approval concepts
• Effectively communicate with others on such safety issues
COURSE PARTICIPATION FEE INCLUDES
4 FREE REFERENCE MANUALS VALUED AT OVER £270
CONTAINING OVER 1400 PAGES OF VALUABLE REFERENCE MATERIAL
Please follow the IDC link in 'more information' below for full details and registration form...
Contact Details and Archive...