Non-electrical equipment for use in hazardous locations: An introduction by UL
29 April 2020
Join UL experts for an informational webinar on non-electrical requirements and the significant additions to the ever-evolving requirements for hazardous locations equipment.
New Standards have been published recently for non-electrical equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The requirements in the Standards address the mechanical ignition hazards associated with such equipment and provide guidance on mitigation. However, the approach to evaluating and certifying non-electrical equipment differs from the traditional method used for electrical equipment.
- Overview of the scope and applicability of the non-electrical standards
- Explain the methodology of evaluating non-electrical equipment
- Discuss ignition sources
- Introduce the Ignition Hazard Assessment Report
- Introduce protective measures and techniques
- Understand the Markings for non-electrical equipment
David Malohn, Staff Engineer
Click here and register to watch the webinar.
Contact Details and Archive...