Whitepaper: Enhanced worker safety in process industry environments
24 June 2020
Extronics has launched the NEW iTAG X30 Worker Location Tag with Hybrid Technology. This whitepaper explores the growing need for a hybrid Real Time Location System for enhanced worker safety.
Whitepaper by John Hartley, CEO of Extronics - Click here to download now
Extronics has launched the NEW iTAG X30 Worker Location Tag with Hybrid Technology.
• Accurately locate your workers in hazardous and non-hazardous areas, anytime, anywhere
• Leverage hybrid technology, GPS, Wi-Fi, LF and BLE for accurate indoor and outdoor tracking
• GPS capability reduces the need for dense Wi-Fi infrastructure in open areas
• ATEX/IECEx certified for use in Hazardous Areas
This whitepaper explores the growing need for a hybrid Real Time Location System for enhanced worker safety.
With variable physical environments and a range of operational challenges to overcome, it is unlikely that any one location technology ticks all your boxes. Hybrid RTLS is the only practical solution to the complexities of the use cases in the process industries. It involves using two or more location technologies as part of the same solution:
• To deliver wider coverage with reduced infrastructure
• To add greater accuracy
• To provide additional functionality
• To reduce total cost of ownership
A hybrid location solution can involve multiple devices but can also involve a purpose-built multi-technology device. One technology alone cannot solve the diverse nature of the use cases either economically, in a cost-effective way, or practically, addressing the different physical and technical requirements.
Click here to download the whitepaper now.
Contact Details and Archive...