ATEX & IECEx shot blasting torch
03 August 2020
Thorne & Derrick is the main distributor for the Wolf Safety Lamp range of portable and temporary lighting for hazardous area and explosive atmospheres – a complete range of lighting products are available certified according to ATEX for safe use in hazardous areas Zone 1 & Zone 2 (Gas) and Zone 21 & Zone 22 (Dust).
The Wolf M-485 Blastlite provides a powerful, safe and cost effective ATEX and IECEx certified lighting solution for shot blasting applications. Designed to take full advantage of the powerful ATEX and IECEx Zone 0 certified M-85 Midi Torch which has an impressive light output figure of up to 210 lumens – the Blastlite’s tightly focused white beam cuts through dust and spray improving visibility and resulting in more precise blasting and a higher quality finish. By reducing the need to constantly stop and re-assess the surface, you will save time and increase productivity.
Features & benefits
- ATEX and IECEx lighting solution for shot blasting applications with poor visibility
- Up to 210 lumens supplied by the M-85 Midi Torch:
Tight focussed beam cuts through dust for greater accuracy as you work
Increased efficieny due to fewer stops to check the work area
Better quality and portable lighting results
- Blastlite is robust, replaceable and recyclable lens protects the torch lens from accidental blowback
- Quick and easy to attach and detach
- Cost effective alternative to using cable powered lighting in hazardous area locations
- Ultra lightweight torch
- Spares readily available
- Readily available primary cell power source – 4 X AA cells
- Quick and easy to change batteries
The Wolf M-485 Blastlite is available as a complete package including the torch, or you can use any existing M-80 or M85 and purchase the accessories separately.
* M-485: Blastlite – contaning 1 X M-85 Torch; 1 X Blastlite bracket; 1 X lens ring; 1 X replaceable glass lens; 2 X cable ties
* M-480: Blastlite bracket kit – containing 1 X Blastlite bracket; 1 X lens ring; 1 X replaceable glass lens; 2 X cable ties
* M-482: 1 X Blastlite lens ring
* M-486/5: 5 X Blastlite glass lens
The Wolf Blastlite is suitable for use on 58mm nozzle or hose.
For more information, visit: https://www.heatingandprocess.com/atex-iecex-shot-blasting-torch-new-wolf-m-485-blastlite/
Contact Details and Archive...