US Chemical Safety Board releases video highlighting agency's objectives, initiatives, and priorities
06 August 2021
The US Chemical Safety Board (CSB) has released a new video in which the safety agency's Chairperson, Dr. Katherine Lemos, shares the organisations priorities, initiatives, and objectives.
During the video, Dr. Lemos explains the three main agency priorities:
- The top priority is to focus on the mission: to drive chemical safety change, the CSB needs to continue delivering high-quality safety product.
- The second priority is to drive efficiency of operations within the agency, expanding the workforce and improving business partnerships.
- The third priority is to strengthen relationships with stakeholders and federal counterparts.
Dr. Lemos emphasises: “These priorities will fuel our productivity and keep us laser-focused on our mission: to improve and raise the bar for chemical safety across our nation.”
The message also highlights improvements in agency transparency, which she has emphasised from her first week in office:
- Public releases of critical facts identified in early-stage investigations
- Live Board meetings to close investigations and vote on the findings, probable cause, and recommendations. Videos of these meetings are also accessible to the public via the website.
- You will hear from the investigators directly as they present the facts, and from the board members as they deliberate their votes.
Dr. Lemos closes by affirming her commitment to agency stakeholders, “Though we must remain true to our mission in conducting and issuing independent and objective analysis and recommendations, it is important to consider the expertise, knowledge and priorities of our stakeholder community.”
The CSB has faced several difficulties in recent years, most prominently in 2017 when the Trump administration proposed defunding the agency.
Contact Details and Archive...