Earthing Conference UK - 4th & 5th May 2023
26 January 2023
Earthing Conference UK is taking place on 4th-5th May 2023 at Park Regis, Birmingham, UK. The aim of this conference is to demystify the subject of earthing and present the subject in a clear, straightforward manner.
Few topics generate as much controversy and debate as that of earthing and the associated topics of bonding, grounding, surge protection, shielding and lightning protection of electrical and electronic systems. Poor earthing practices can be the cause of continual and intermittent difficult-to-diagnose problems in a facility. This conference will explore these issues from a fresh yet practical perspective to help delegates reduce expensive downtime in their plant and/or equipment by identifying the correct application of these principles.
The aim of this conference is to demystify the subject of earthing and present the subject in a clear, straightforward manner. Earthing as a subject has been under-represented over the years and this event will attempt to remedy the gaps in technical knowledge and improve practices in the industry. The UK & Europe need a unified practical approach to earthing which can be commonly understood and widely applied.
Conference topics include:
- Earthing System Modelling Hands-on Workshop
- Case Study: Going Underground: Earthing of Tunnel Systems for HS2
- Earthing Design and Safety
- Measuring the Resistivity of Crushed Rock in Existing HV Substations
- Earthing, grounding and bonding in static electricity and electrostatic discharge (ESD) avoidance.
- Rolling Sphere Analysis for Large and Complex Structures
- Distribution Transformer Earthing – HV and LV Earth Interconnections and HOT sites.
Dr Jeremy Smallwood - Electrostatics consultant, trainer and researcher Electrostatic Solutions Ltd
- Earthing and electrostatics consultant, trainer and researcher
- Expert advisor for BSI and IEC standards committees
- 2010 ESD Association Industry Pioneer Recognition Award for "advancing awareness of EOS/ESD throughout the world”
- Author of “The ESD Control Program Handbook” published by Wiley in 2020
Jayson Patrick - Technical Director at Electrotechnik
- Technical Director at Electrotechnik
- Master’s degree in electrical power engineering
- Electrical power system design and analysis expert
- Two decades of experience in professional software development for power system protection.
Why attend this conference?
- To re-examine the application fundamentals for earthing, bonding, lightning, and surge protection.
- To discover best practice when earthing - to mitigate the impacts of faults and lightning strikes.
- To become familiar with the latest industry standards and procedures for earthing and lightning protection.
- To learn how optimal electrical earthing design can improve safety, production, and reduce costs.
- To gain practical advice on earthing system measurement.
- To receive design tips for earthing systems when conditions are challenging.
- To confront the pitfalls of inappropriate earthing and the hazards caused, and to discover how these can be prevented.
- To hear relevant local case studies from the UK electrical industry.
- To enjoy non-commercial presentations.
- To network with your peers and specialists in the field, and to discuss the issues raised.
Few topics generate as much controversy and debate than earthing and the associated topics of bonding, grounding, surge protection, shielding and lightning protection of electrical and electronic systems. Poor earthing practices can be the cause of continual or intermittent difficult-to-diagnose problems in a facility. This conference will explore these issues from a fresh yet practical perspective, with the aim of helping delegates reduce expensive downtime in their plants and/or equipment. The conference will demystify the subject of earthing and present it in a clear, straightforward and - above all - practical and workable manner. Earthing as a subject has been under-represented over the years; this event will attempt to close technical knowledge gaps and improve practices in the industry. The UK and Europe need a unified and pragmatic approach to earthing, one that is commonly understood and widely applied.
If you work in the electrical domain - in the industrial, power, defence, oil & gas, construction, transport, manufacturing, utilities, mining or renewable energy industries - then this conference is for you. The 2023 conference builds on the outstanding success of the 2022 Earthing Conference, also held in Birmingham, which created a comprehensive and animated groundswell of discussion and learning.
Early Bird Offer 10% Off
Book on or before 31st March 2023
Contact Details and Archive...