Earthing Conference UK - 4th & 5th May 2023
07 March 2023
Earthing Conference UK is taking place on 4th-5th May 2023 at Park Regis, Birmingham, UK. Few topics generate as much controversy and debate as that of earthing and the associated topics of bonding, grounding, surge protection, shielding and lightning protection of electrical and electronic systems. The aim of this conference is to demystify the subject of earthing and present the subject in a clear, straightforward manner. Register now!
Poor earthing practices can be the cause of continual and intermittent difficult-to-diagnose problems in a facility. This conference will explore these issues from a fresh yet practical perspective to help delegates reduce expensive downtime in their plant and/or equipment by identifying the correct application of these principles.
The aim of this conference is to demystify the subject of earthing and present the subject in a clear, straightforward manner. Earthing as a subject has been under-represented over the years and this event will attempt to remedy the gaps in technical knowledge and improve practices in the industry. The UK & Europe need a unified practical approach to earthing which can be commonly understood and widely applied.
Conference topics include:
- Earthing System Modelling Hands-on Workshop
- Case Study: Going Underground: Earthing of Tunnel Systems for HS2
- Earthing Design and Safety
- Measuring the Resistivity of Crushed Rock in Existing HV Substations
- Earthing, grounding and bonding in static electricity and electrostatic discharge (ESD) avoidance.
- Rolling Sphere Analysis for Large and Complex Structures
- Distribution Transformer Earthing – HV and LV Earth Interconnections and HOT sites.
For a full list of conference topics DOWNLOAD THE CONFERENCE BROCHURE
Dr Jeremy Smallwood - Electrostatics consultant, trainer and researcher Electrostatic Solutions Ltd
- Earthing and electrostatics consultant, trainer and researcher
- Expert advisor for BSI and IEC standards committees
- 2010 ESD Association Industry Pioneer Recognition Award for "advancing awareness of EOS/ESD throughout the world”
- Author of “The ESD Control Program Handbook” published by Wiley in 2020
Jayson Patrick - Technical Director at Electrotechnik
- Technical Director at Electrotechnik
- Master’s degree in electrical power engineering
- Electrical power system design and analysis expert
- Two decades of experience in professional software development for power system protection.
Benefits of attending
- Become familiar with innovative approaches to Earthing & Grounding.
- Gain an understanding Earthing on a global scale.
- Learn about the latest technologies and research relating to Earthing.
- A great opportunity to network with industry colleagues.
- Hear from industry experts on the latest technology and information on Earthing.
- Hear and see innovative presenters and learn the emerging trends in the Earthing and Grounding industry.
Registrations for Delegates
Registrations are now open for this event. Register as an individual or register as a group, or if you prefer to be put on the notification list, email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your conference ticket includes:
- Two days, with full day catering and refreshments on both days
- Networking drinks at the end of day one
- Delegate bag with printed conference manual / papers
- Access to network with sponsors, exhibitors and speakers throughout the conference breaks
- A copy of the presentations & papers will be emailed out in PDF form post conference
Venue: Park Regis Birmingham, 160 Broad Street B15 1DT
Contact Details and Archive...