This website uses cookies primarily for visitor analytics. Certain pages will ask you to fill in contact details to receive additional information. On these pages you have the option of having the site log your details for future visits. Indicating you want the site to remember your details will place a cookie on your device. To view our full cookie policy, please click here. You can also view it at any time by going to our Contact Us page.

Gas detection sensors receive ATEX certification

05 May 2009

The Model 700 series from Detcon has received ATEX certification on the combustible gas, and solid-state H2S, sensor models for use in Class I, Zone 1, Group IIB+H2. For the toxic gas and O2 deficiency sensor models, the ATEX certification covers use in Class I, Zone 1, Group IIC.

Gas detection sensors receive ATEX certification
Gas detection sensors receive ATEX certification

More than 90% of all premature gas detection sensor failures are due to water ingress. The remaining 10% of failures can be attributed to corrosion, vibration or circuit damage due to lightning or transient spikes. Detcon Model Series 700 sensors virtually eliminate these critical probability-of-failure factors.

The sensors are available utilising most commercially active technologies including, CHEMFET solid state MOS for H2S, catalytic and infrared for combustible gas, electrochemical cells for a wide range of toxic compounds, 2-electrode air battery sensors for oxygen deficiency and a sub-miniature PID for a wide range of volatile organic compounds.

The Detcon Model Series 700 features standard integration outputs of a linear 4-20 milliamp analog signal, RS-485 MODBUS RTU serial communication and are also available with optional Profibus and HART protocols. In addition to ATEX certification, all Model Series 700 sensors have received the CE Mark and are also certified by CSA to Canadian and UL explosion proof standards.

Contact Details and Archive...

Print this page | E-mail this page