Procuring systems to IEC 61508/IEC61511: Some key decisions - to be presented at HazardEx 2012
20 December 2011
The presentation will focus on a number of key decisions that the user of a system, designed to IEC 61508/IEC 61511, needs to be aware of when specifying the system and which could impact on operation and maintenance matters having resource implications.
Decisions affecting trade-off between capital cost and maintenance costs will be addressed. The presentation will cover:
· SIL determination assumptions;
· Low demand/High demand considerations;
· Risk reduction contribution from the Basic Process Control System;
· Protection Layers in the Basic Process Control System;
· Proof Test frequencies and the effectiveness of Proof Tests.
BOOK YOUR CONFERENCE DELEGATE PLACES NOW - FOLLOW THE HAZARDEX 2012 LINK BELOW
Contact Details and Archive...